Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fictional reality.

It happened one day, three years back, in a deserted street of the city where romance occupies every molecule of the city's polluted air just like the djinns do.

I saw love in those eyes (and like I have mentioned earlier in one of my blog entries), I blindly followed them.

The eyes that taught me how to drown tears of pain into songs of happiness. The hands that held my hand so tight that the lines of my palm fell exactly onto his. The lips that savored the poison of the dark as the flavor of the night. The fingers that only favored the moon and ignored the stars. The words that encouraged me to discover prose of my own and some poems too! The face that had layers of calm and peace deposited on the tremors of commotion. The soul that was so real that it evaporated every trace of fiction away.

I romanced three years of my life away with a djinn. He made me fall in love with him and then disappeared into the darkness of the night.

I am trying to stop loving him.

I am trying to drown my tears of pain and change the lines of my palm. I savour the poison every night begging for its flavor to change. I chase the moon and ask the stars for directions. I write words that bring his memories alive in prose and in poetry! In the tremors of commotion I search for peace and calm.

I wish for these three years of my life to turn into fiction with no trace of reality, romance and the djinn.



(I am sorry for this melancholic piece of prose..I just finished reading the City of Djinns and got nostalgic.) This is also for those who think i am fictional...I seriously wish i was..but strange as it may sound..i am for real..and so is the djinn I fell in love with!

24 comments:

Puppet said...

BTW...Totally deviating from the topic.. Don't take the fictional comment too seriously... Its his way of getting you to meet him....

His tricks are way too predictable

Ya madman, lamer....

D said...

ahhh..i see!!!

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Is it me or is the whole world fast turning into a fantasy ....
Alice in Wonderland is much better.

D said...

oh alice!!

Anonymous said...

liked your blog ... totally :)
keep writing and add me in your fan list ...
and yes it's all real and don't try stop loving him ... make your today happy as you say future doesn't really exists ...

;)
dheeraj

D said...

I should keep loving the ghost? wow!!!

Anonymous said...

if it makes you happy... trust me .. if you do or not ... tomorrow will anyway be different, show ll go on... you will have a happy ending ... and if not ..then picture abhi baki hai mere dost ;) ... you ll get your man(with the courage)

D said...

COOL!

madman said...

puppet:

U seem to know me better than me


ifeelrandom:
city of djinns is kinda lame, the story goes on n its like nothing happens at all..
U wrote very well

but its kinda tricky how U cud know the djinn as fictional n still keep lovin him
n all

D said...

sometimes, life seems fictional and fiction..totally real!!!

ShantanuDas said...

Heyy!! Life is not fiction! Because life is not fiction I used to come to your blog to forget life. But this post this time I see is about life. Alas!

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

So randomness has trapped herself in the maze of daily life

D said...

randomness has a full time job!!

D said...

this blog is fictional and so is life!

Puppet said...

Its almost been a month... Come on snap outta it...

D said...

ok! Tell me that i am for real and i will snap out of it instantly!

Puppet said...

Before you hear me out... You gotta believe it yourself... But for that you need my reassurance... Oh I see where this is headed..... Station Nowhere....

But you are.... See you smile... right.... I am sure you do have a wonderful smile.... And while you reading this you are smiling.... So thats what real ppl do.... So hey... Einstein is dead... Puppet is born.... I \m/

Yea I am a narcissist.... But then again it is a side effect of greatness... And well ppl mistake candor for bragging....

D said...

Yes indeed...i have a beautiful smile!!!

Puppet said...

Good then problem solved... I think!!

D said...

Yeah i guess! Smiling helps!!!

Puppet said...

Well am sure it does.... Except I am not too sure why you care to be real.... For reality bites..... Fictional is imaginative... And imagination has of course no limits....

Now smile acts as an antedote to the reality bite.... And I speak like this due to the lack of caffeiene in my body... Need to get some....

D said...

i keep forgetting that i am for real. Seems like i have spent 28 years of my life living in a world of dreams. Smiling helps! Pinching too!

D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Munna on the run said...

That is phenomenal writing.