Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mr. Dhingra

Kindly confirm arrival at office.
Please call Mr. Dhingra-papa, at your earliest.
Wife Usha Dhingra is not well. Your willingness to come home on time is much required and will be appreciated.
Tonight, please drink according to your capacity. And don't attempt driving after that. Failure to abide might lead to imprisonment and shame.


These are not letters from the public sector. They are some text messages from my public sector Dad. He takes 30 minutes to type one message, saves it as draft, spell checks it and then sends it to his elder daughter with a cc to the younger one.

Dad's impersonal way of expressing himself affects the two daughters at a personal level.

We have all his messages saved.

Sincerely.

4 comments:

Munna on the run said...

This is brilliant!
I know the irony, but I just can't stop laughing.

ShantanuDas said...

OOfff!! U are really something!!!!

Btw if I may.. I am tagging you..
.... just could not have the heart to sadden my new online friend whose rule is to tag 6 people.. now where do I get 6 people?? LOL !!.. So obviously I thought of you... maybe you will get some ides from these question to write your own questions!! Who knows!!

My tag is here
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D said...

Who me?

ShantanuDas said...

who else!! lol!